View Single Post
Old 09-09-07, 05:42 PM
dusted

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
yeah but if they hit another car at 20mph there is damage to a car. They hit me at 10mph I could have damage or die. I think that fact alone should earn us a bit of respect.

I'm in Chicago. I've been involved in two confrontations in the past month that required me to get off my bike and pull my U-lock out to feel safe.

1st, I took the lane without anyone behind me, a new vette comes up behind me as im slowing to make a left turn into my apartments. he rides his horn hangs out the window and starts yelling. I was startled by the horn (it was loud and he was on my ass) I turned around and raised my arms like wtf. He gets out of his car I dropped the bike and pulled out my u lock and told him he needed to get the f back in his car and leave. he turned around and peeled out as he left.

2nd, I was riding down a street with no bike lane the driver pulled out without looking and forced me into the other lane. I hit my brakes since I wanted to get behind him and not ride in the other lane. he tells me to "get the f out of the way or he will do it again" we pull up to the next light im behind him he stops short I hit the brakes hard and put my hand out to keep from hitting his car. he lost it and got out screaming at me about touching his car (a beat to hell tiburon lol). again I pull out the u lock and tell him to leave me alone.

Last edited by dusted; 09-09-07 at 05:55 PM.