Old 09-11-07, 08:01 AM
bsyptak
Luggite

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I'd probably be interested in a cross frame (disk & canti mounts) more than anything else. Stickers applied on bare ti, no clear coat. Used ti road frames can be had all day long for very good prices, especially compared to their original price. And they can be made to look like brand new with a 3m pad in about 15 minutes. I guess that's the 'problem' with ti from a dealer's perspective. It never really degrades. No need to replace it.

People are ditching their lifetime ti frames en masse for disposable carbon frames. I've nothing wrong with CF, in fact I'm thankful for the resale market in ti frames it's created. There are no issues with buying recent ti frames, unlike steel (rust, scratches) or CF (ticking time bomb?).

That's the delimma I faced (new or used). I ended up getting a whole bike for less than a new frame. After stripping it down and literally spending about 15 minutes with a 3m pad, here's what I am left with:

A 6 year old titanium frame that could be sold as new. Absolutely perfect. Bare naked, the way it was meant to be.