Old 09-11-07, 08:42 PM
larryfeltonj

Bikes: Raleigh Supercourse, Peugeot Iseran, Raleigh Twenty

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by ThrottleJock
Hey guys, I'm looking for advice or maybe justification for some action.

About 6 months ago my girlfriend’s bike was stolen from her place of work. Cut cable, bike gone. The bike is very unique. It’s designed for her, has unusual sized wheels, lots of custom bits, and one very distinguishing feature – a bike shop sticker from the shop I purchased it at, my buddy’s shop in another state, 700 miles from here. There’s no question in my mind that this is her bike. ZERO. It looks like ****, has been sitting out in the weather for what looks like months and some full-grown ape is riding it as the seatpost is at full extension. It's a miniature bike designed for a girl, and some ****wad man is riding it. Sweet.

I know where the bike lives. I’ve cased it out and it’s parked at the same place every day.

Here’s the problem: I never registered it. I have a proof of purchase but I’m not sure if that will do the trick. What cop cares enough about such an inconsequential crime to take the time to see that the serial number listed on my proof of purchase is the same as the serial number on the bike. Is there anything legitimate I can do to get this bike back and make my girlfriend the happiest little person on earth again ‘cause she got her favorite little custom-built-just-for-her bike back? I will get the bike back one way or another, but I’d prefer to follow the path of righteousness in doing so if at all possible.
I don't know how the Miami police operate, but in the City of Atlanta the matching serial numbers would be enough to ensure an enthusiastic bust.