Old 09-12-07, 07:52 AM
bdinger
Chubby super biker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by flip18436572
Good luck on the replacement frame and repair. Then sell the bike and get what you want. I never knew how much bicycling would change my attititude towards other things and the different people I meet on the trails. Have you taken it in to TREK to see what they say about the repair and replacement costs, if any. I would hope they would replace the frame for free and do the labor to switch all of the components for free also. But these days it really is hard to say.
From what I was told last night, it's about 99.9% likely that Trek will provide a direct replacement frame, and all I'll have to cover is the labor costs. I think that's fair, really, but a tad on the annoying side. Annoying toward Trek, not the shop.

And while I love to save money, I think from now on I'm going to invest more in my cycling habit. The price of the Long Haul Trucker seems trivial when I think about what a catastrophic frame failure on the shoulder of the highway would have resulted in. At least the steel frame would give me some warning .