Old 09-12-07, 11:38 AM
oldnoob
oldnoob

Bikes: Nishiki Sebring, Nashbar Toure ST

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
It looks like there may be a numbskull in here somewhere. I do not know enough to tell who it is though. Maybe high mileage riders use several bottles of chain lube a month, but a new cassette and bar tape every two months? How much mileage would that take? Or am I the numbskull for having the original freewheels on bikes from the early 90s, mid 80s and 1979, although the monthly mileage is much too low?

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/n...420420253.html

Reply to: sale-420420253@craigslist.org
Date: 2007-09-12, 9:21AM EDT

To the moron who posted this, if you're riding the same tires after "several years" you also likely scoff at the road cyclist who you see going through several bottles of chain lube every month, or changing things like bar tape and cassettes every couple of months. The reason you don't get this is because you don't ride your bike very much. Now go play with your rear view mirror, ******bag.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Let's see if I understand. Wasn't ridden much, never raced, never crashed, and then goes and buys new tires and new chain???
My bike is several years old and was ridden a lot, and the tires are still good.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2005 Cannondale R5000
Cadd 8 al frame, full dura ace group with the exception of FSA carbon crank,and ksyrium wheels. I am sell the bike becuase I just got a new one. I have kept this bike very clean and it has not been ridden that much. I never raced it or crashed on it.
I just had it tuned up with new chain and tires ($150 in parts)