View Single Post
Old 07-07-04, 05:19 PM
TrekRider

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Juno
Dayn Perry, the authour of this article should be fired on the spot. Him making reference to Lance Armstrong, one of, if not the most dominating figure in the sporting world today as "Not concidered a real athelete" is truley appalling!
Perry also states that the "the only athletic ability entailed [in cycling] involves not falling off the freaking bike — something most riders fail at with alarming frequency." Dayn also states that "cycling's unassailable pinnacle consists of hanging out with French people while wearing a canary-yellow shirt."

It amazes me how little this so-called "sports expert" knows about cycling. Mabey he should actually watch a race, see these half human, half machine riders climb, attack and sprint. Mabey he should actually do some research before he decides to write an article on something of this nature. Every rider in the pro peleton has dedicated their lives to the sport, becoming, what the definition of athelete should be!

Read for yourself : http://msn.foxsports.com/story/2552718
A sports columnist for the Washington Times, Tom Knott, wrote a silly article about Lance today, saying he is riding under suspicion of drug abuse, when it is obvious he hasn't even read the book. He makes several other stupid remarks that show him to be the cretin he is. His other columns have the same ignorant ring.

There is no accounting for some people. They hate what they don't understand or hate those who can do things that they cannot. I doubt that Tom Knott or Dayn Perry could keep up with me for 10 minutes, much less my normal 2 hour, 30 mile ride, and I'm nearly 60 years old.

All these guys are trying to do is spark letters and e-mails. They can then wave them at their editors as evidence people are reading their screed.

I read Knott's crap, and, at first, was PO'd and thought about responding, but then thought, why give the moron the satisfaction?