Old 07-07-04, 09:25 PM
Mark4
Got Lugs?

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rhchilipepper4
The people that diss running are the same lazy people that diss cycling. I'm a long distance runner, and I'd like to see you run 150+ miles a week, like some of the people I know. Running is the HARDEST sport that I have ever tried, because it is purely a training sport. Most sports you are naturally talented at, but in running you can be naturally talented and still suck because you have a horrible work ethic. In running you can't coast, or stop and take a break if you want to be good. Runners hard work also carrys over into their school work, for example our high school cross country teams top 5 guys all have 4.0's except one, who has like a 3.5. So, running is in fact a sport just like cycling.
Yikes. Sorry if my humor didn't translate well over the web. My bad, I should be more careful about that. I didn't mean it as a jab against the sports I mentioned... I was just just using them as examples of how these other very athletic activities can be made to sound less than what they are (emphasizing the obsurdity of doing so... like how it's obsurd to say cyclists aren't athletes. It's also very obsurd to say runners aren't athletes). When I don't cycle I jog, and I used to run track in high school. Yes, it definitely is a sport, and an extremely competitive/challenging one at that! I have nothing but admiration and respect for those who push themselves, and excell on the track (or off!). One of these days I plan to run a marathon, but will have to do some serious training first!

Last edited by Mark4; 07-07-04 at 09:32 PM.