mlik
Biking in Brooklyn

Bikes: Schwinn Superior (fixie)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Blue Order
I used to have the (1984?) Palo Alto catalog, but I mailed it off to a member who bought a Palo Alto bike. He posted the catalog on his website, but it looks like his website is down now. You might try PMing him; I can't remember now who made the frameset. Another solution would be to call them up-- they're still in business, from what I hear.
Sorry to revive a long dead thread, but I thought I could offer some information here. I am the member who BlueOrder sent the catalog to. I am the happy owner of a blue mid-80's Palo Alto. I no longer maintain that website, but I've uploaded the catalog to a site that will be around for a while, I think, so here's the catalog. I'm sure the OP knows this already, but that frame looks to be a more recent vintage...the earlier frames had a very simple BMZ stamp on the bottom (not the fancier graphic on the ruby red beauty) and a slightly different design.

Here's a link to that catalog. Thanks again to BlueOrder for sending it along.

By the way, there's a beautiful looking Palo Alto on eBay right now, although the current owner might have some misconceptions about it's origin. Still a nice bike, though... I wish mine had more of the original components.