mlik
Biking in Brooklyn

Bikes: Schwinn Superior (fixie)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Blue Order
Prospect Park? I spent a lot of time there when I stayed with friends on 7th Ave. in Brooklyn.
Yep, that's the one. It's a great ride, although after five or six laps that hill really gets you. Well, when I haven't been riding much, it pretty much gets me on the second lap.

I usually stay out of the park early morning on the weekends... that's when the serious riders are out. They ride packs, and they'll run you off the road if you're not careful. I tend to ride at a more leisurely pace.

Prospect Park is also on my way out to Coney Island, which is a great ride. I like to go from the Brooklyn Bridge, through the park, out to Coney Island, down Neptune Avenue out to the Rockaways, and then back again. All told, it's about 30 - 35 miles, and about as nice a ride as you can find in the city.

Originally Posted by Road Fan
Is it the 49 cm, that is claimed built by Ritchey? a fine one! Too bad its too small!!!
Road Fan
Yes, it does look nice, doesn't it? But it is quite small. I've get an email from eBay anytime anything with "Palo Alto" comes up in the cycling category... I've got a couple of jerseys now and almost bought a second frame. I should probably delete that search... it's just too tempting!