Old 09-15-07, 04:27 PM
doctor j

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 3 Posts
From the Arkansas contingent... Our little group rode 42 miles in a valley in the Boston Mountains today. This route follows the Middle Fork of the White River for a while, and it is a part of my Fall leaf-peeping route. It's a beautiful ride. There were a couple of decent hills, but Ol' Fuj went right on up them with no problem. Last year, I considered these hills as significant challenges, so I suppose I've made progress. As this is a fairly remote area, where things like light and radio waves have to be piped in, mid-ride pie was not in the realm of reality; however, as soon as I was back amongst civilization, I sought out and procured a tiny Blueberry Pie. Since the Blueberry Pie would burst the calorie budget, I threw caution to the wind and got some spicy fried chicken to precede the pie.

A cold front passed through yesterday and as a result, riding conditions were ideal. Maximum temperature was mid 70's. The ride ended none to soon as we had a thunder shower move through late this afternoon.