View Single Post
Old 09-16-07, 11:03 AM
votebam1090

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
hey hooter honker or whatever your immature ****** bag of a name is... get a life. im new on this board and i've seen two of your posts only so far and let me tell you how bad you suck as a person. you spend the day trying to make fun of teenagers and trying to hit on chicks on a bicycle forum. good place to pick up chicks. speaking of teenagers, are you eleventeen yourself "hooter honker". i can assume you havent ever "honked" any hooters because anyone who has would never ever ever say those two words together...only worthless scum like yourself. go slit your wrists son.

sorry about that man. yeah your shoes are perfect as long as you feel they are rigid enough and whatnot. oh and once again hooter honker, some road bikers buy mtb shoes so they can actually walk off their bike. its kinda like common sense for those of us who have it... sorry i'm gonna take shots at this ****** every chance i get. components essentially through shimano deore is ehhhh kinda raceable if u must but lx is entry level race and xt and xtr are both excellent quality that i'd love to own. sram makes the x5 which is probably somewhere around deore or lx and same with x7. i'd say x9 is like xt and x0 would be xtr. i'm totally not an expert but i've been researchin my butt off this last week so i'm at least mostly right. forks: fox is light and amazing so if u can get a bike with a fox fork it will be lighter like ur used to from road biking and stiffer which is good since ur young. i like fairly rigid bikes and i'm 22 but i esp did when i was ur age cuz your body can handle anything. rock shox from low to high go dart, tora, recon, sid, reba i believe. i may be leavin something out btw. i have heard bad things about manitou so i'd stay away if possible. disc brakes arent really worth spending money on unless you just ride in mud a lot or care a lot about brakes. i'm leanin towards the base model stumpjumper (specialized) because its light and has good components, linear brakes, and a fox fork so they spent money upgrading the parts i care about. talk to your local bike shop because although they are looking to make a sale, they seem to care about your happiness at least so take what they say with a grain of salt. oh i have also heard that sram components are a little better from some people. my lbs said they are higher quality and easier to work on but that was a specialized dealer who told me that and a lot of his bikes come with sram so i dunno. hope i was able to help a little bit man. i have a similar thread going looking for help or guidance so i'm tryin to spread the love. oh and i didnt mention alivio or whatev for a reason...it would never be competive and you probably are so whats the point eh