Old 09-18-07, 12:32 PM
calderp

Bikes: Gitane Super Corsa, Shogun Ninja

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Newbie Craigslist question

STELLA: 15-speed racing bike, royal blue in color, light-weight aircraft aluminum man’s frame, 41-inches axle to axle, 24 and 1/2-inches from center of crank to top of horizontal pipe, 29-inches to 36-inches from center of crank to top of saddle at lowest and highest position, “Campagnolo - Velox” rear derailleur, “Simplex” front derailleur, “Simplex” shifters, “California Road” ergonomic power-crank (3-gear Sprague), “Weinmann 610 - Vainqueur 999” braking system, “PIVO” gooseneck and handlebars, “MAVIL G-40”, 27-inch x 1 and ¼-inch alloy wheels, “KENDA” 27-inches x 1 and ¼-inch white-wall tires and Kabuki saddle. Everything was manufactured in France for flat-out racing. Bicycle is in excellent mechanical condition and ready for use. Price = $100.00. Bicycle is for a tall person, 6-foot tall or taller.

Is this as good of a buy as I think it is? I have a single-speed right now that I'm using for city riding and I am looking for a lighter frame and maybe some nicer components, would this bike be a good candidate to strip down to single-speed or is it nice enough that I should leave it in one piece. Also, how big of a deal will it be if it is too big for me (I'm about 5'11")? I'm meeting the guy around 5 so any input would be great!