Old 07-10-04, 04:33 PM
Ritalin
Upgrade your Turbo

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Seven vs Serotta vs Independent Fabrications vs ?

Hey guys,
It's been awhile since I've been around here... haven't had a bike to ride!

Had a Steelman Cycles Signature that I road about 4 miles and bent the frame (silly me). Pretty nice ride but I need to replace it and he's being a dick so I'm going to go with someone else. I test rode a lot of stuff in the LBS and decided steel definately is real. So what do you guys like as far as steel frames ~$1500? (frame only). I was very impressed with the way Seven has their website laid out and their order form. It looks like they've done their homework. I wasn't as impressed by the look of Serotta's website, but I hear that they do a better job at fit? I'm buying a frame and not a website so I'm definately open to anything. I test rode a IF crown jewel and it was nice but I hear they just do a few measurments and set you up with that. The finish and decals were absolutely beautiful though. I'm riding it though, not looking at it.

So I guess it's sort of down to Serotta and Seven.... or something else if you guys have suggestions. What do you like about what I've mentioned (or whatever else you have in mind) and what don't you like?

I'm near Knoxville, TN and there is a Seven dealer here but no Serotta. I'd have to drive 3+ hours to find one. There's a Waterford place about the same distance but I don't know anything about them.

Actually when it really comes down to it... after you've chosen a material (steel), how do you choose which company to go with? Since theoretically they should all fit, since they're custom.

Thanks guys!
Dave