View Single Post
Old 09-19-07, 11:09 PM
russ3706
Some Guy

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
For me: Dual Dinotte 200L Li-ion, one wide lens one regular, Blackburn Mars 3.0 on top, Planet Bike Superflash on bottom

Love the 200L's. Love the tail lights. But i gotta say, it is a very narrow comparison between the Blackburn and the Superflash. The superflash is astonishingly bright, unique pow-pow flashing pattern, and a long range. Though the long range is due to a fairly narrow beam, which i think is not a problem so much as a driver is more than 10 yards back it is going to hit them at its full fury, though not to say its not visible from the sides, it is.

While the Blackburn has a bit wider viewing angle, is bright as hell, though I dont feel quite as bright nor eye catching as the superflash due to the superflashes bright double pulse as apposed to a constant rate flash, but does have the amber side marker led's.

So all in all, to solve the problem until i ball up and get the dinotte tail light, i feel like running both is a real killer. I run the superflash on strobe to get the attention from those coming from behind, and the Mars constant on for the wider angle, and for those from the side to see the amber side markers. Plus this covers the whole 'one flashing, one steady on' to help drivers see you. Im kind of partial to the Superflash as it was my first REAL tail light. But i came across the Mars 3.0 for $3.83 at the REI garage sale in Dallas, it worked fine and was in perfect shape, so of course i got it. So I have gotten a chance to compare them, and again its a close call, so if you can, just run both. Then if you end up with the Dinotte as i hope to, you have other back ups, and lights to keep in the 'steady on' mode to compliment its hellacious flashing... In the end, any of them are a fantastical choice!

Last edited by russ3706; 09-19-07 at 11:52 PM.