sixfingeredman
Shock 'N Awe Baby

Bikes: Trek 8900 sort of...

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by scrublover
you know, your chainrings, cassette, and fork will all die/wear out in due time? replace with nicer and lighter later. otherwise, why spend the money upgrading, rather than having spent a little more to get a bike with nicer spec to start with.
I completely agree. However, I am not really upgrading. . Due to my situation. I am, in a way, buying a better bike to begin with. I bought the bike last Friday, and realized I was not pleased with the weight. My 24 lb. Schwinn Homegrown really has spoiled me for life. I simply wanted to swap out parts. The guy built this bike for me with components from a Trek 6500 onto an 8900 frame. It was a great price.

Since this is a new bike, I want to enjoy it now as much as possible, and maybe innoculate myself from the upgrade bug later.

Originally Posted by scrublover
cheap stuff: lighter tubes. cut your seatpost down to the minimum needed. make sure you've ditched all the reflectors/rear wheel spoke protector.

then replace with better/lighter stuff as the old stuff dies.

and taking a big fatty poo the morning before riding does help. seriously. no joking.
I am a definite pre-ride pooer. You guys act like that is not common knowledge. I poo before I ride the elevator. The only thing you have to be careful of is skidmarks.

Last edited by sixfingeredman; 09-20-07 at 05:57 AM.