View Single Post
Old 09-20-07, 07:10 AM
Duke of Kent

Bikes: Yeti ASRc, Focus Raven 29er, Flyxii FR316

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
In our conference, as far as I know, there was one (1) crash the entire year in the A's crits (aside from the day that it was snowing before and during the race, half the teams went home, and some people decided they were going to race, weather be damned).

That one crash happened when we had crested the hill at the top of the circuit, and were starting our descent, and the rider from Michigan (we were in Ann Arbor) decided to take a flyer, went into the turn a little hot in front of some fans, and washed out.

Otherwise, all of the A's races were very safe. When you get to know everyone out there, which you will, people tend to ride a little safer, because they have to see the guy they chopped in a corner for the next XXX weekends.

However, you should note that an A's race can be just as fast as a Pro/1/2 field. Many times, it is just that. Just smaller than your usual 100+ deep P/1/2, as our races usually had 50-60 dudes.

I can't speak for the B's, C's or D's in terms of pack behaviour, but I know that the guys on our team who raced those categories thoroughly enjoyed themselves.

Last edited by Duke of Kent; 09-20-07 at 07:42 AM.