View Single Post
Old 09-20-07, 11:33 AM
kgatwork

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I responded to you in the other post.

You would be better served by going north and head east on Ruland road to Colonial Springs Road to Nichols Road then south on Commack road to Long Island Ave if the neighborhood is of concern. I'm not sure about the section of Nichols Road between Conklin/Main Street and Straight Path Road as far as the neighborhood is concerned. If you need to avoid this section then head east on Main to Old Country road until you reach Carls Straight Path. You should drive it in you car first.

In your previous post you did not mention whether neighborhoods should be avoided, so I gave you a direct route (2). Heading North to Ruland on 110 or Republic Rd will bypass Wyndanch and you'll be traveling though Wheatley Heights on mostly local roads. Option 1 is not a very good route because you have to cross over the Southern State and Sunrise Hwy and the 231 interchange with cars merging at 55mph.

If you don't want to go through Wheatley Heights then you are better off going all the way up to the 495 Expressway service road and head East until Carl's Straight Path to Nichols Road east and South on Commack Rd until Long Island Ave.

Last edited by kgatwork; 09-20-07 at 11:48 AM.