View Single Post
Old 07-11-04, 04:49 PM
s2sxiii
All Things Go

Bikes: 01 bianchi pista, custom. 04 felt f-15, full record.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
great weekend to be on a fixie

I took the langster home for the weekend to the tiny, NW ohio town of tiffin (Population around 19K), just for the the satisfaction of being the only person in town on a fixed gear. I rode over to the house of one of my old teachers, and avid triathlete from boston and a monster of a man, (6'4" 250), and we were talking bikes in the living room, so he took me out to show me the new wheels for "Eddy," his vintage steel merckx racer, and i was impressed. So was he when i rolled my bike into his garage... his eyes got really wide, he picked it up and immediately got a little miffed, since my bike was lighter than his, even with his fancy wheels. I was proud.

Then I took it into town to show off to all my old riding buddies, a lot of hard-core mtb'ers and skateboarders, and we rode around town. Had a run in with some punk teenagers in a jeep who felt we were blocking traffic...So we blocked off their lane for about a mile riding around 10 mph. We chased them around for a bit, just for entertainment....me having to ride at a leisurely pace so my friends could keep up. After we got bored, we sat down on a corner of the main drag to enjoy some frosty beverages and watch traffic, got compliments from the punks on how fast we were and i managed to sell my best friend on getting a fixie -- he's going after a surly this week. All in all it was just a great weekend to be on the bike...I didn't even flat on our crappy streets, and there's nothing better than one of your friends saying "Its not fair, your bike weighs about as much as a gallon of milk" as they chase after you on a 40 pound ellsworth dare. I feel like a million bucks...I'm sure i'll get hit by a car this week or something..

just reflecting...