View Single Post
Old 09-20-07, 03:15 PM
varuscelli
The Fenix Shillboy

Bikes: Raleigh F500 mountain bike and an exceptionally old (mid-60's) Schwinn Collegiate 5-speed.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by gerg10
thanx all, my rides are in the "sticks" so i need a front light that i can see the road. so i guess the headlight wont do much for me. the reason i say water resistant is bc i live in FL where is rains nearly everyday. what kind of price range am i looking at for a good headlight that i can see the road ahead of me.

thanx
greg
Hi, greg...

I think you might be confusing "headlight" with helmet light. A headlight and a front light are the same thing and would go on your handlebars (usually), and a helmet light would go on a helmet. Many headlights/front lights can be used either on the handlebars or the helmet, though. In fact, I think that many people use a helmet light alone because it's so directional/responsive when it needs to be pointed elsewhere, as opposed to those mounted on the handlebars that are more or less stuck in place.

Sounds like in your case you might want to consider both (a headlight/front light for your handlebars and a helmet light). Just as an option, in any case.