Old 09-21-07, 01:24 PM
rbart4506
You blink and it's gone.

Bikes: Race bike, training bike, go fast bike and a trainer slave.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cyclezealot
Seems like it was in the Detroit Newspapers, commenting about returing Canadians after a one day shopping spree in Duluth. Lets say, a whole bike , it is easy to exceed 750 dollars , Canadian. Then what.
Well I would buy the bike when I was going down on vacation. I'd ride it for the week and then bring it home as my own. When we cross the border it's not like they want receipts for every single thing we purchase. Like I said, day shoppers have more problems, but if you are gone on vacation it's pretty easy. I have never had an issue getting back into the country with whatever I have. I think they're more worried about you bringing in tobacco and booze, then bike stuff...

Honestly everytime I cross back in I get asked how long I've been gone (7days), do I have alcohol or cigarettes (no), what's the total amount of purchases (about $1000)...I answer the first two honestly and stretch the third...They then say have a nice day...

Help me out here, fellow canucks, has anyone had problems getting back across the border??

BTW the price of bike at an LBS in the US and here in Canada don't differ that much....Not to the point where I would think about buying one down there...Now ebay and online, that's a different story...