Nessism

Bikes: Homebuilt steel

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2193 Post(s)
Liked 425 Times in 337 Posts
Originally Posted by RedShoeRider
Good morning, all:

I'm in the fortunate position to be looking for a new road frame. Actually, sort of unfortinuate, for my trusty Casati (1991? SLX) decided to bend a seatstay. Poor thing.

One of the local shops has a Colonago steel frame, used, for sale. The problem is that I have no idea (and nor do they; it was a trade-in) what model it is! Does anyone know how to tell the difference between the Classic models and the Master X-Light models? Is there a signature item on the frame that makes it easily identifiable? I've been scouring the 'net looking at pictures, but with no luck. The frame is about 3-4 years old, has chromed head tube lugs (sculpted and cut-out), chromed seat and chainstays.

Any/all help would be greatly appreciated!

My thanks!
-Chris

All newer model Colnago steel frames use propriatary shaped Columbus tubing. The Extralight main triangle has diamond shapes tubes, the Tecno has more rounded tubes with a series of creases in the tubes, Classic is round tubing, ect.

If you post more particulars, including what the tubing sticker states, I'm sure someone can identify the particular model.

Ed