Camel
Caffeinated.

Bikes: Waterford 1900, Quintana Roo Borrego, Trek 8700zx, Bianchi Pista Concept

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by gizem310
Thanks to all of you. We dedided that we will not take any preventive medication; 6 months is too long of a time. We are ordering tons of deet (%100 for rısky areas and %20 time release that everyone swears by). We are also taking the tent sans the rain fly, which will provide shelter if we get swarmed during sunrise or sunset. With some Malaria test kits and Malarone tablets, we should be golden.
Thanks again and be safe.
Like most folks suggest, you really don't need camping equipment. I sold most of mine in Khathmandu before flying into Bangkok. What I held onto I gave to a friend to take home for me in Vientiene.

Mind that you could find camping spots in "the boonies" of Thailand, Lao, Cambo-but nothing super nice.

If concerned about being caught out perhaps bring a small ultralite tent or a tarp plus mozy netting (the netting not so much for the mosquitos, but for those giant creepy crawlies).

As for a stove, again as most folks suggest, its not needed. Depends on your likes/habits. I held onto my butane (MSR pocket rocket) to use for the occassional oatmeal and my morning Espresso (I make Americano's and add that nifty squeeze sweetened condensed milk).

Have fun!