donnamb 
tired

Bikes: Breezer Uptown 8, U frame

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by mr_nickos_jr
Either way, as a driver I'm told the person in the car when they hit a biker nearly always is at fault. And as a biker, I'm told it's the other way around. Either way I know I should take more precautions, and am not an idiot.
I think it's about 50/50.

Regarding law, I still personally feel if they require people and hold people accountable for laws they should ensure they know them. And when there's children biking, are you going to say they aren't held accountable? Isn't that entirely more unsafe, seeing as they likely won't be as attentive as an adult or as visible? Not that they should be held accountable, but you'd think seeing as it's in the biker's best interest, they'd do something to ensure people know about it.

With driving, it's dangerous if people don't know. They have tests, and require people to know the laws about driving. But for biking it can be equally if not more dangerous? Yet they won't bother making sure they know, despite a lot being common sense, it wouldn't be for children which many learn to bike at an early age.
Why not get involved with the solution?

Edit: Is it then illegal to bike on the sidewalk? Lol.... That'd seem less safe and people do that all the time.
It is legal, but municipalities can ban it in certain areas. For instance, the City of Portland made it illegal to ride on the sidewalk in the majority of the downtown area.
"Real wars of words are harder to win. They require thought, insight, precision, articulation, knowledge, and experience. They require the humility to admit when you are wrong. They recognize that the dialectic is not about making us look at you, but about us all looking together for the truth."