View Single Post
Old 07-16-04, 10:09 AM
Dcat

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by shokhead
Your supporting the owner,not the worker,sorry. Its just a matter of time before most is produced outside the US so MORE profits can get into the owners hand which by being the owner is his right. Lowest income jobs and out of sight income will only be left here.When a frame made here cost 750 bucks and outside the US it might be 150 bucks,the owner is seeing to many $ signs to keep it in the good old US of A. Thats to bad but,imo,thats what is going to happen,or is it already?Of course if 2 things cost the same or almost the same i will get the USA made because i know in most cases its better. Now is CD that much better then others,i dont think so.

Correct, but the worker does benefit. He/she has a job, however low paying it might be. If manufacturing was still done on a large scale in the U.S., salaries would rise. Foreign cheap labor has not proven to benefit the worker or the consumer, but only the importer and owner. Savings have not really been passed along to the U.S. consumer for most high end products. Look hard enough and you can find bargains made in USA (my custom bike was cheaper than any that I came across in my research)