HAMMER MAN
Semper Fidelis

Bikes: Tiemeyer Road Bike & Ridley Domicles

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by late
1) If you haven't tried glucosamine sulfate, get thee to Walmart and buy a bottle.

2) Fight inflammation before it starts. Cut back or stop using foods that are inflammatory. Coffee, refined sugar, the stuff that makes life worth living...

started that long time ago

3) Fight inflammation naturally. Get to a health food store and get a bottle of distilled Omega 3 fish oil. Take one with each meal, if I was you I'd try two with each meal.

thanks on my list

Eat like you were on a diet. But on this diet not only are the portions medium sized, you eat fish or chicken, no red meat. Lots of fruit and veggies but only eat high glycemic fruit after a ride. The rest of the day everything has to be low glycemic index.

hardly ever touch red meat,high protein and fiber/fruit type foods

4) Definitely try a 170 crank, there are good ones on sale right now, you know, Nashbar etc. But there is also Sugino cranks which are nice looking, not expensive and have an amazingly small granny ring. Another option is a 32 or 34 T rear cassette. Whatever it takes to get the stress off those knees.

looking @ cranks and chainrings as I type and post off and on

5) Consider a trainer. Seriously, the smoothness of the resistance is very kind to knees.

Had one threw it away many yrs ago, something to consider now.

6) I think you can beat it. But then I'm nuts so take that for what it's worth
glucosamine sulfate, on my list

appreciate your interest and help,
thank you.

Didn't know you cared LOL a little different from P/R
thanks