patentcad
Peloton Shelter Dog

Bikes: 2017 Scott Foil, 2016 Scott Addict SL, 2018 Santa Cruz Blur CC MTB

Mentioned: 74 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1142 Post(s)
Liked 28 Times in 22 Posts
Originally Posted by Hocam
I hope your daughter knows how you feel, a lot of parents just pressure their kids and don't communicate these kinds of feelings with them.
I've been telling my daughter that how fast she runs is completely secondary to whether she enjoys it, and that the former is meaningless without the latter. From the beginning. The fact that she's getting faster is a total bonus, but that's fueling her enjoyment as you expect it to. I'd agree, a 25%+ drop in her 1.5 mile time in a few weeks would make you think EPO. That's just amazing to me. Just youth and training I'm happy to report. My little girl hates needles more than me. I don't think EPO is widespread in the HS XC peloton.

It's really inspiring me in cycling in every respect. Just today on the Nyack Ride I'm on the nasty little Scratchup climb, dying as usual to hang on to the last 20 survivors on the day 3-4 miles from the finish, thinking I just have to pick up 3-4 more places to assure I don't get dusted after the ride drops down onto 9W and makes the inevitable accelleration. As the gaskets start to blow, I swear I thought of my kid in that race yesterday, told myself to Harden the F up, if the kid can do it you can too, surged a few more bike lengths and managed to hang on. It's almost enough to make you forget about the Mets Collpase.

Almost.