Old 09-30-07, 09:26 PM
v1k1ng1001
Gorntastic!

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by shumacher
On the 23rd, I decided to try to shed a few pounds by combining exercise with changes to my diet. At the time, my weight was 259. I'm 6'3", and most BMI calculators say my height's ideal max weight is 180. I read a few threads here that suggested documenting my food intake. I'm using several tools, fitday.com in particular, to keep track of my intake. I also track my exercise there.

I cut out the worst of my habits, like drinking beer regularly, and eating greasy fast food. I replaced these meals with simple, healthy meals at home, whenever hunger strikes. I started riding more regularly. I need to start writing down my mileage, but it's probably only about 45mi this week.

I feel great! The problem is that my weight this morning was 249. That's ten pounds loss since last Sunday. It's what I want, sure, but everything I'm reading is saying 1-2lbs a week is closer to ideal.

As I said, I feel great. My energy is good. I don't feel hungry. This lifestyle doesn't feel like "toil" or "a burden". The rides are going well - getting better actually. I really like what I'm doing. Should I worry about this, or just stay the course for the time being?
I'm your height and I've dropped that much weight in a month before. In fact a few years ago I went from 255-245 in one month. It's not surprising if you've gone from couch potato to Mr. Diet & Exercise. You'll drop quickly for a while but eventually it will slow down, hopefully close to your target weight.

But I'll tell you what, I was 6'3", 180 lbs my senior year of high school. I was so skinny you could barely see me. Are you sure that's your ideal weight?