Old 10-01-07, 09:51 AM
twobikes
Healthy and active

Bikes: mid-60's Dunelt 10-speed, Specialized Allez Sport Tripple, Trek 7.2 FX

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
www.fitforfun.de is connected to the German Sports University in Cologne. The FitforFun web site covers all sorts of topics related to fitness. Somehow their magazine always seem to include some articles about fitness and sex, too. I ran across their magazine while waiting for an overseas flight at JFK Airport. The cover article was "Fettkiller Fahrrad" (Fatkiller Bicycle) That led me to information on the German Sports University, and a 128 page booklet they did on Cycling and Health. You can download it in German or English. The "Fettkiller Fahrrad" article says a rider is not interested in fatty foods after a long bike ride, but sweets. Then the challenge becomes choosing fruit over chocolate. I am still working on that one. But, I am 18 pounds lighter today than the day I bought the magazine a little over a year ago. I know that is not a weight loss speed record, but it is progress.

While Germany has more bikes that cars, more Germans ride in cars than on bikes. That is a problem the Sports University in Cologne is attempting to address and fix.

Yes, the one site is sponsored by T-Mobile and focusses on their race team. I have not explored it much, but there might be a link to something else interesting.

Last edited by twobikes; 10-01-07 at 09:53 AM. Reason: make an addition to my comments