Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 634 Post(s)
Liked 920 Times in 279 Posts
MTB Ride Oct 27th, Big Bear Ski Lift DH run day

Intermediate to advanced riders only

Time: Lifts open at 9am I believe
Cost: $30 per person ALL DAY unlimited amounts up the "hill"
Milage: til your legs fall off cuz there is only about 5% climbing on this day
Trails: EVERYTHING, right and left side of the ski runs. Lower Fallline is the fastest, scariest and best run there. This lil trail will test your skills and push your bike to it's max.
Decent: It's about 1300ft if vertical elevation drop, 82xxft at the top and the parking lot sits at 7000ft. Breathing will be erratic at first but you will get used to it on the top. There WILL be some fireroad, but none like Chino hills or Aliso Woods. These fire roads are cliff on one side, mt on the other, usually pea size gravel top layer and speeds 40+ if you are daring.

Requirements: SKILL is # 1. Know your bike and yoiur limits. A good working bike, GOOD BRAKES (disc brakes are almost a must unless you have some steller rim brakes), more then 85mm front travel a must. XC style race bikes are SCARY coming down some of the singletracks beacuse it's steep and your body is over the bars more. Something of an all mountain rig is best with full suspension. Though I've done this on a $250 hardtail with 85mm travel and I made it down, but I'm crazy type. If you do ride an XC bike, lower your seat a good inch or more and bring a shorter stem if you can. I recommend pads for this type of day, you never know what can happen on the trails.

Bike can NOT be more then 6" of front travel nor have bigger then 2.5" tires. My rig is 5"x5" w/ 2.3's just for example.

Food: I'm thinking the parking lot tail gate type. Do a couple runs, relax, BS then go ride some more.

Riders
jsigone +5

Maybes
Rule #10 // It never gets easier, you just go faster.