king-tony
Ninja don't wear flipflop

Bikes: Specialized S-Works Roubaix SL3, BMC TM01...if it every ships

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Stujoe
I had not done the MUP that I initially started riding on since I started commuting a month or so ago. At that time, I was averaging 11.5 to 12mph on it over a 25 to 30 mile loop on that MUP.

I've been a little disappointed lately because I have only been averaging about 12mph on my 16 mile round trip commute and thought that wasn't much of an improvement over a month or so of riding. I have noticed that my legs seemed to not get as tired, though.

Well, I did a 28 mile loop with a 15mph wind on that MUP today and averaged 13.9mph. And my legs are incredibly fresh. And, unlike before when I rode that loop, I did not struggle around the 22 to 25 mile mark. I guess riding on the rough shoulder to work with hills and wind has made me stronger than I thought.

I am not up to the 18 plus mph averages I see some people get but I am stoked that I was able to average almost 14mph with my fully loaded MTB.

Good job, just keep it up and be patient. Keep building that aerobic base. Speed will follow on its own (although drills help as well).