Old 10-03-07, 09:38 AM
Spin Cycle
Decelerated Motorist

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by zacster
The only people I ever see speeding on the west side bikeway, which is the only MUP I ever use other than the park roads (and they are 3 lane roads) are the jerks that think they are in the TdF on their once-a-month rides. I'll slow down or stop only to have some idiot in gym shorts decide he's going to show me how to ride. Meanwhile, we're in front of the ship terminal with people with luggage all over the place.

When I lived in Seattle, the Burke-Gilman trail was busy enough on weekends, but pretty quiet during the week. That was a very long time ago. I'd go as fast as the traffic would bear, not very most of the time.
There's been alot of improvements to the Sammamish River Trail (repaving/widening) and now they've started on the Burke Gilman. Most of my weekday evening rides are on these trails (there's no way I'm jumping into rush hour car traffic). Even though my moderate effort pace is 20 to 22mph on these trails, I ALWAYS slow down for foot traffic. I look at it this way - pace changes are good training