Old 10-03-07, 07:14 PM
crazybikerchick

Bikes: Devinci Caribou, Kona Dew Plus, Raleigh Twenty

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jeff-o
My family is car-lite. I ride my trike wherever and whenever I can; I haven't driven to work for over 18 months. The despicably ironic thing is that I have spent more on car repairs in that time than my trike cost - three or four times over! This is simply ridiculous. Car repairs have delayed the purchase of furniture we need, renovations to the backyard and basement, the list goes on and on. I'd send that damn car to the scrap yard if we didn't need it to transport our 7-week-old around town, and for making deliveries. It would be the third-happiest day in my life if we could finally, someday, go totally car-free.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to fume about cars in this corner over here. GD I hate them.
Ditch owning your own car and join a car share program? They have some in KW no?

What do you deliver? Could you do it with a cargo trailer? For your 7-week-old, some people transport their kids in a car seat within a bike trailer even from a young age, others don't find it safe. If the biking with baby is not for you I'd say go for car share, (or transit but having lived in Waterloo for a while I'd say transit there is sucky)

Yeah here we go for car share:
http://www.peoplescar.org/