View Single Post
Old 10-05-07, 09:24 PM
FilipeBarbosa
Filipe Barbosa

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
tonight was fun, i joined in on the group ride and lost the group after the stairclimb. the last 3 weeks i have been in and out of the hospital with a blood infection from somekind of insect bite i got while working in vancouver. all this was too draining to do any real riding so my cardio went to nothing, not to mention it was wierd having a direct IV line in my arm for 8 days.

after peddling though the feeling of bonking i finally allmost catching up to the group i tried to run a yellow light and was flagged by a cop. he asked if this was a race and i said nope just out for a group ride. he asked where my front light was and i told him somoene took it yesterday, they did. he belived me and while i was being lectured about lights and riding i had to wait for two light to pass and with no chance to catch up i rode down yonge street and across king to the CNE did two laps and finally home.

i learned tonight i need to go back to doing 30km a night rides everyday like i did before i got sick. its fortunate you stuck with the trainer Dan the stronger you are the faster the recovery.