discosaurus
i like mud

Bikes: Trek 7.2 FX WSD, beaters

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BarracksSi
Yet, isn't that one of the basic reasons for using bikes as transportation? Maybe they're only "making do" at this point, but hopefully they'll warm up to the idea and continue biking after college (even if they have to spend a couple years with a car before remembering their college biking days).
Hopefully, that's the idea. But it usually doesn't turn out that way.

I guess my beef with "making do" with a bike is that I'd like to see more people enjoying EVERYTHING they do. If there's no passion for an activity, no matter if it's cycling, building model airplanes, education, whatev. why bother at all? That said, I doubt most people that use cars as transportation are very passionate about them, either. We really need to reassess our priorities.

Anyway, other people's motivations are far more complicated than I can imagine, so I'm not discounting anyone's choices or compromises. The point is I'd like to see people outwardly happy more often. It's even more exciting when it's something that makes me happy, too. I'd likely go out of my way to make conversation with someone who rides a bike with a big, silly grin (like I do!) than someone with a killing face on.