View Single Post
Old 10-09-07, 10:58 AM
LetterRider

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Specialized fan
90%? that is pretty high, that would eliminate almost everything on the road! I gotta say you guys just aren't living in reality, people just are not going to give up their cars, especially in states like California, and what about Alaska, try going car free there. All I can say is you guys have a nice little delusional little fantasy going on here and to think that most people will give up there cars, never going to happen.=, people are not going to step backwards and live a harder life, for what carbon credits, what a sham that is.
Specialized fan -
I cannot understand why you come in this forum if you are so completely against being carfree or, apparently, car-lite. It has been stated multiple times that we are not here to convince everyone to give up their cars. This is a decision that people make based on how they want to live their own lives.
I think it's absolutely unneccesary for most people to have SUVs, especially 2 of them along with another car for only 2 drivers. I think it's sad that there are people who drive 5 blocks when walking is completely doable. Cars are necessary at times for certain people or certain situations, but it's a convenience I, and many people in this forum, choose to forgo. I am not making a political statement or judging anyone who owns a car.
I am having a hard time not judging you, however. Your open hostility and blanket statements regarding the state of mind of the carfree community make me believe you to be an ignorant and intolerant person, who is teaching his children that to live happily means to depend on a car (expensive ones at that) and to completely disregard the life choices of others as below you.

Also, it was stated that 90% of people COULD give up their cars, not that anyone is trying to make this happen, or that anyone thinks it ever WOULD happen. Although I have no doubt that there are a few of us that "aren't living in reality" I do doubt that it actually has anything to do with living car-free.