Are you with me

Bikes: Giant TCR Advanced SL, Blue T-14 TT bike

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by brianb
UPDATE:

The bike arrived less than 45 minutes ago. It is severely mangled. Obviously the fault of UPS. Other than that, it looks like a great bike. I just emailed bikesdirect, because I still have no phone number for them, so I will post an update when they reply. Enjoy the attached photos of what UPS can do to a bicycle. In summary, the rear wheel, rear brake disc, and rear triangle are worthless.
Here's what I don't get:

-- I assume UPS drivers and stock people receive some training and that this training includes tips on how to recognize a fragile package, how to treat a "suspected" fragile package etc.
-- At what point in the transport process is the bike box being manhandled? And why? Is it SOP for UPS workers to toss all boxes around?
-- I've never had a problem with a UPS package that I can remember, but I've read several times on this and other boards about bike shipping nightmares, mostly via UPS
-- I don't work for UPS, but I know what a bike box looks like, especially if it has a bike company logo on it. If I were on the loading dock or driving the truck, I would handle the box with care. It seems like common sense to me.
-- And...if it did get run over, it should never have made it to your door. Someone should step up and take responsibility, not drop a mangled box on your doorstep and run for the hills.

Hope you get it sorted out quickly.