Old 10-11-07, 08:26 AM
dcdomain

Bikes: SRAM Force Gruppo on an unmarked CF frame

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I've had some poor experiences with every shipping company and the United Package Smashers seem to be the worst of them all. But what can you do? You only get limited choices for shipping and it's like playing Russian Roulette for us folks that ship one or two packages a month.

The thing that pissed me off most about UPS was the following a few years back. I was parked on 32nd street in K-Town, NYC. Went to meet up with someone in the building across the street. UPS truck parks in front of my car and starts throwing the packages out from the back of his truck onto the hood of my car. No joke, they were just flying out and onto the hood. There must have been a good 4 feet between our vehicles so he could have just thrown them to the ground or better yet place the boxes at the edge of the truck and unload them properly. I think this was in the middle of the summer so it wasn't a 'temp'. By the time I got out there he had locked up the truck and was gone. I waited around for a bit but he never showed up so I took down the plate number and wrote UPS. Never got a reply.

In a big company where there are so many different cogs in the chain, no one needs to take responsibility so no one gives a crap.