Old 10-16-07, 07:24 AM
T-Mar

Mentioned: 654 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4722 Post(s)
Liked 3,039 Times in 1,877 Posts
Originally Posted by Kommisar89
Bellisima! Damn I love that frame. Not my size alas Wish I knew more about them - I assume Equipe means "Team" in Italian. I've seen some similar frames in other colors from a guy in Finland or Sweden I think that were SLX and were called Squadron. Sounds like "Team" too. Anybody know Italian? I suspect SLX frames are from the late 80's and TSX frames are from the early 90's but that's just a guess.

[edit] I see that's an '89 from the Carnielli decal.

Maybe T-Mar can help us out.
+1, it's a 1989 on the basis of the 80th anniversary decal. In 1989 the US distributor was simply naming the model on the basis of the tubeset and component group (i.e. Bottechia SLX C-Record). This practice carried on until 1992 when model names appeared, with the SLX Chorus being called the Equipe and the TSX Record model called a Spago.

The model names could vary depending the country, if they were left up to distributor, but I am not sure. Suadron may be a Scandinavian term as I usually see Squadra associated with Italian models. I believe Equipe also means team in both French and Italian.

I have a similar SLX model, however it does not have the cut-outs on the side of the head lugs and the seat lug is not chromed. Also, mine has a pump peg, but the OP's may lack this simply due to the small frame size.