Old 10-17-07, 07:55 AM
Az B
Fattest Thin Man

Bikes: Miyata 610, Vinco V, Rocky Mountain Element

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 1 Post
You have no idea. For one thing, dump truck drivers are often paid by load, which means the more loads they get done in a day, the more they make. It's great motivation for them to develop the bad habit of constantly hurrying. They're also pretty much the bottom of the barrel for truck drivers as almost all of them have lost much better truck driving jobs generally from having too many accidents and/or tickets.

The real beauty of living in Georgia is that the construction companies have infiltrated the government to an alarming degree and have lobbies to take license plates off the trucks. The official reason is that they get bent up too much unloading. But the real reason is that they were getting tired of paying for windshields.

I followed one driver to his pick up once after I saw him speed through a school zone at least three times the limit while talking on his cell phone. I never did find out who he worked for to report him, but I did manage to do some on the spot dental surgery for him, non gratis.

Az