Old 10-17-07, 11:56 AM
Mike01

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Kommisar89
Could be - I just took a quick look at your site and saw the red/white Squadra. The ones I remember were 3 bikes - red/white, blue/white and black/white. I'll see if I can find the pictures. I saved them but I don't think I noted the web site anywhere darn it. I'm going to be in trouble if I ever decide to do my doctoral dissertation on Bottecchias since I didn't bother record the sources of all the stuff sitting on my harddrive. Oh well, I didn't need a phd anyway

BTW - I love the way you have it set up now - exactly what I want to do with one myself when the right frame comes along in my size.
Thank you, I´m pretty happy with the set-up of the bike today with the Ultra-Torque cranks, they are great. And the bike might look like a wallhanger but I´m using her every summer mainly for long-distance riding. And you´re right, there were also darkblue/white ones as well, and I´ve seen all red ones and fully chromed ones. A friend of mine has had a shop for over 20 years and he used to bring in Bottecchias and he has one built with EL-OS tubing in corsa red with white forks.