Old 10-19-07, 09:00 AM
MulliganAl

Bikes: 2007 Specialized Tarmac with Mavic ES wheels, 2009 Specialized Hardrock, 2014 Rivendell Sam Hillborne

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Well, not 50 yet, but 49 is right around the corner so....

I'm beginning to limit my inlike skating a bit since I fell last year going down a very steep hill and tore my MCL; the healing time sure gets longer as I get older. I do still love my 100mm speed skates though.

So now I want to start cycling; it's something I've wanted to do for a long time. I have about $2500 to spend on a bike and don't really know what to look for; I do want a good bike that I can have for a while without having to upgrade anytime soon. I was looking at the Fuji Team RC which a local shop said I could get for about $2,000 since it's a 2006 model, but what other bikes (carbon or Ti) would you suggest that have either Dura Ace (or something comparable) for around that $2,500 price?

Also, this may sound stupid but, how should I begin cycling and what should I be aware of when I begin (e.g. road awareness and policies, necessary riding gear other than the bike... etc). I want to work on my skill level and endurance so that I can join one of the local riding groups around the Atlanta area without being a drain to the group and being left behind.

This is a great forum and I will really appreciate any positive guidance you can provide.

Last edited by MulliganAl; 10-19-07 at 09:11 AM.