View Single Post
Old 10-19-07, 05:17 PM
SweetLou

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Yes, I know about going to 130mm spacing, Thanks though. The RD is going to be changed because I couldn't find anything about Shimano shifters with Suntour Cyclone 7000 compatibility. Though the Suntour is working great when I am in 6 speed index or 8 gear friction. I just decided I want to upgrade this bike to a 9 speed with Shimano barcons, I thought I would need a Shimano RD, because I want index shifting. I will save the Suntour for another bike.

Good to know about the crankset. I guess I was imagining about the chain falling between the rings.

By the way, I assume I will eventually need new rings when these wear out. I tried a search to find new rings for this crankset, but could not find any. So, I guess I will need to go to another system eventually. Will I be able to just find a crankset that matches the spindle or can I find a spindle to a newer system that fits with the BB or will I need to get a new BB also?

The reason I am asking is because I am thinking about going to a compact double and was wondering about the BB/crankset compatibility.