Old 10-19-07, 08:59 PM
Kurt Erlenbach

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by gear
Concentrate on fit. The bike must fit correctly not almost correctly. I would rather have a lesser quality bike that fit exactly than a real nice one that didn't fit as well.

You will spend a lot on accessories.

You can't purchase anything and be sure you will not need to upgrade in a year. Believe me no matter what you buy; not matter how good it is; you will want something else in no time. Humans just desire things, if you try to acquire the object of your desire you will just be creating a vacuum and some other object of desire will fill that vacuum.
Wait a second. A new rider doesn't know what fits. Even an experienced rider has a range within which they will fit. I really don't understand the "perfect fit" idea - most riders, me included, only get to ride a few bikes, and with all the possible variables, I think the idea of a perfect fit is more a matter o f luck (or what you get used to) than perseverance. Unless you're going to spend a few hours on a custom fitting, and then a few thousand on a custom frame, I think a perfect fit is an illusion. Am I wrong?