View Single Post
Old 10-19-07, 10:02 PM
East Hill
Lanky Lass

Location: Take a deep breath, and ask--What would Sheldon do?

Bikes: Nishiki Nut! International, Pro, Olympic 12, Sport mixte, and others too numerous to mention.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by stronglight
The photos were stolen, either from a set on Flickr, or more likely a blogsite...
The seller is a crook...
Everything he says about the bike is nonsense...
Auction is a total scam...

... But,the bike is beautiful.

Here is what the REAL owner says about it:

"Hi. I'm the owner of this ride. This bicycle was built by myself at the shop I wrench at, Stones Cyclery in Alameda CA (est. 1943 and run by Dennis Stone who inherited the business from his father). The bike was modeled after older French style touring bikes like Rene Herse's and Alex Singer's. The only dead giveaway that this isn't a true vintage ride from a distance are the brake levers with aero cable routing. Nearly everything on the bicycle is current and readily available. Hand built wheelset with Ultegra hubs laced to DT rims, Ultegra long cage rear der., 105 triple front der., Dura Ace shifters, Campy Chorus headset, Sugino triple crank and BB, Shimano long reach calipers, Tektro brake levers, Nitto touring bottle cages, Ultegra seat post, Brooks Pro saddle, Nitto Dynamic stem, Nitto 176 Dream bar, Fujitoshi leather bar tape, Honjo fenders, Velo Orange rack, Velo Orange bell, Velo Orange mudflap, Ruffy Tuffy tires, Ultegra pedals. The only vintage bits are the headlight and the TA handlebar bottle cage. If anyone is interested in a ride like this, give us a call. It's what we do. Cheers, Jason."

... Just call me Bike Detective Bob

Wow, that's a real beauty when you see it in proper size photos.

East Hill