Old 10-20-07, 08:24 PM
roadiespinner

Bikes: Della Santa, Bike Friday Air Glide, 1974 Schwinn Paramount, Cannondale t2000 Touring, Cannondale r500 Road Silk, LeMond Buenos Aires, Trek 7000 mtn bike, Sears and Roebuck[ made by Puch. I have had up to 36 bikes at one time. I am a sick person.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
You mentioned getting Durace for your $2500, probably not likely and not needed unless you plan racing. Shimano 105 is adequate and Ultegra is more than adequate.
Finding the right fit is more important than the grouppo.
I recently bought a Specialized Roubaix with a triple, for my old knees and a more relaxed frame geometry for the comfort of my old body. It came with 105 and is in your price range.
Get a good helmet that fits and wear it. The next most important safety item is a mirror. The Take a Look fits on your glasses and offers a wide range of vision and always is in focus.
Try riding with your local bike club and listen to the experienced riders, the learning curve will be greatly shortened.
Last year I did a tour on the Outer Banks and one of the guys I rode with every day was 79 years old and he rode the entire 700 miles of the tour.
Prepare yourself and your bike to be able to be riding at 79 and you will enjoy the journey.