Old 10-21-07, 08:59 PM
Dwaine Alberts
66SScar

Bikes: 1983 Trek510, Peugeot UE8, 1969 Schwinn continental, Schwinn Le Tour

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I stopped by the original owners home this afternoon and they were out. Maybe dinner etc. I am going to follow-up with him tomorrow. I first saw the bike in his garage and asked if it was for sale. He did say its an old bike that he bought new while living in France during the 60's. Followed by, can you believe I've had that bike for 40 years. Now that might be a generalization in age but I think it might be again from the 60's as he stated. The beauty of this situation is being able to ask an original owner if he can provide more details. I am really hoping he will remember and enjoy discussing these questions and date of purchase with me. If so it looks like a great win win.

Balindamood, in answering a couple earlier questions. 1) I don't have the tire pump so I am not sure what it looked like honestly. (Plain or ingraved etc.) 2) As far as my rims, they are mark as 28 1 5/8 700d Made in France Chromage SuperChromix RIGIDA.

Also, my unusual short slightly angles handle bars can be clearly seen or identified on the website "Cycles Retro Peugeot" in the 1969 brochure PE 41/22/25. I am sure the longer chrome neck and added gear levers to the handle bars are add ons. I am going to leave the longer neck but try and get correct gear levers to go back below on the tube along with correct pedals.

Im not sure at this point if we are any closer in figuring out the date stamps. but this is fun and challenging. I hope someone etc. can help us all come to a final answer. Thanks all, its been a fun round of thoughts and discussion.

Dwaine