View Single Post
Old 10-22-07, 07:49 AM
evblazer
Thread Killer

Bikes: Fuji Touring Xtracycle, Merlin Road, Bacchetta Giro 26 (Sold), Challenge Hurricane, Cruzbike Sofrider

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Fenix single AA for helmet light?

I read some about hiking lights people have been picking up so I got one at target, ~$20. I currently just have a dinotte 200L up front and it was great but just this cheapy 80 lumen (3xAA) spot light was a huge addition, I wouldn't want to ride without the dinotte on the bar though. I actually use it on low most of the time and it gives enough light for my early AM commute.
My problem is heat and weight. It doesn't create alot of heat but it blocks my helmet vents and the 3xAA in back make it really heavy. Plus it is zip tied on so I can't just un velcro it when I don't want it.

There seems to be alot of love for the L2D Premium but has anyone used the L1T V2.0 or similar for a helmet supplementary light? It is 90 lumens on high so it is better then my current light and it should not only be lighter but it won't block my vents. Is the L2D premium even noticable centered on top of the helmet weight wise? If so it may not be worth experimenting with a smaller light. I'll be on my bike for a little over 90 minutes on my morning commute and the current 3xAA is causing some soreness.