View Single Post
Old 10-22-07, 08:35 AM
gosmsgo

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bmclaughlin807
Sure. What about the THREE cars that nearly hit me yesterday running stop lights? Two making right turns without even slowing down, one making a left turn... WELL after the light turned red and mine turned green?

Do we have to mention how often cars roll through stop signs?

We won't even talk about speeders... or maybe we will. How about the guy that passed me illegally with less than 6" to spare when I was taking the lane and doing 35 in a 30 mph zone?

Can we cut funding for all the automobile-centric projects out there?
I'm sure that your thoughts make you feel better about yourself but I have a bet for you.

You and I will stand next to any stop sign in any city and I will give you $100 for every bike that stops at a stop sign if you give me $5.00 for every one that does not.

You know as well as I do that 99% of cyclists run stop signs and stop lights. Hell, just the other day I was pulling my big trailer, signalling and stopped (foot down) at a stop sign. When I started to go and make a right hand turn I was nearly hit by a woman who ran the sign and passed me on the right!!!

That crap happens all the time and other cyclists are amuch greater hazard to my health than cars because I know that the cars will have some respect for traffic laws.