View Single Post
Old 10-22-07, 02:02 PM
uspspro
Tandem Mountain Climber

Bikes: Calfee Tandem, Litespeed Gravel, SuperSix Evo HM, Larry vs. Harry Bullitt (e-cargo)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 1 Post
Originally Posted by genejockey
Great minds think alike, Marco. I rode a very similar route.

San Mateo-Woodside via Crystal Springs, Skyline, Canada, then The Loop to Arastradero, to Foothill, to 84, to Woodside and home. 52 mi, 16 avg.

This was my first road ride in two weeks. Between the rain, the late sunrise, my entire family getting sick, and just plain laziness, I hadn't put tire to road in too long!

The only bad thing was my first flat of the year. I'd gone 2500 miles with no flats, but I hit some glass. Oh, well. All good things must end.
Haha. I started my ride at like 2:30 something in the afternoon

Anyway, I was not happy to find that WB Crystal Springs was CLOSED at the corner of Alamdea de las Pulgas. So I turned back up Alameda and turned into Hillsborough riding on streets such as Parrot and Tournament. Let me tell you what, that totally SUCKED big time. The hills had to be 25% PLUS and they were undulating. One after another after another! I was not even 3 miles into my ride, so my legs were not warmed up, and got stuck with involuntary intervals. Finally I got to Ascension and rode down to Crystal Springs post construction zone. Messed up my whole rhythm