View Single Post
Old 10-22-07, 03:13 PM
genejockey 
Klaatu..Verata..Necktie?

Bikes: Litespeed Ultimate, Ultegra; Canyon Endurace, 105; Battaglin MAX, Chorus; Bianchi 928 Veloce; Ritchey Road Logic, Dura Ace; Cannondale R500 RX100; Schwinn Circuit, Sante; Lotus Supreme, Dura Ace

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10436 Post(s)
Liked 11,912 Times in 6,100 Posts
Originally Posted by uspspro
Haha. I started my ride at like 2:30 something in the afternoon

Anyway, I was not happy to find that WB Crystal Springs was CLOSED at the corner of Alamdea de las Pulgas. So I turned back up Alameda and turned into Hillsborough riding on streets such as Parrot and Tournament. Let me tell you what, that totally SUCKED big time. The hills had to be 25% PLUS and they were undulating. One after another after another! I was not even 3 miles into my ride, so my legs were not warmed up, and got stuck with involuntary intervals. Finally I got to Ascension and rode down to Crystal Springs post construction zone. Messed up my whole rhythm
I was heading home at 1:30 and saw that. The road had been open at 10:30. I think it was only as far as El Cerrito, so you could have turned right, gone down to the stop, hung a left and gone through lower Hillsborough. The crazy thing is, that part of Crystal Springs isn't bad at all. It's the part between El Cerrito and Polhemus that needs work!

If you ever run into that again, my "back way" is to go through Laurel Creek Park and over De Anza to Polhemus. Then you can either go left to the Ralston Trail, or right and go down to Crystal Springs. There's a bit of a climb up De Anza, but if I can do it, you should have no trouble!

"Everybody's gotta be somewhere." - Eccles